Center Support Agent Part-Time (Work from home) U.S. Only
ABOUT THE JOB
Part-Time Center Support Agents take back to back incoming calls from customers utilizing both the U-Haul toll free 1-800-GO-UHAUL phone number and customers calling specific U-Haul Moving Centers across the U.S. and Canada. Agents assist customers who have an existing reservation or current business with U-Haul. This includes answering general questions about pricing, products and services, making changes to existing reservations. Assist customers with new business as needed, including cross-selling.
- Train and work from home - Flexible schedules!
- Contact center career path available including work from home!
- Part-Time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
Great opportunity for students, teachers, second job!
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Clear speaking voice
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF
- You are a dependable team player with a positive attitude
- You enjoy a fast-paced training and work environment
- You enjoy speaking with and helping customers
- You are comfortable with online learning and remote supervision
- You are comfortable navigating multiple computer programs at one time
TRAINING / EDUCATION
We offer on-the-job education which allows you the opportunity to learn and begin performing some of your job duties while helping customers. This role offers hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- You will spend 2 hours within the first 3 days at a U-Haul Center for training purposes.
- Expect to be on the phones taking live calls by day 2 of training with your manager.
- Anytime 5 am to 6 pm Monday through Sunday (Arizona time).
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
- Guaranteed hours: 25 hours May through September, 15 hours October through April.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED TO WORK FROM HOME
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
THE FOLLOWING TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO WORK FROM HOME
- Must have a non-wireless USB headset with microphone.
- Must have high speed internet with 2MB up 5MB down (or greater) and ping below 70.
- 5MB up 10MB down is preferred for a better experience.
- Must have a PC or laptop with the following:
- Windows 10 OS & Mac OS.
- 8G of RAM or greater (Windows or Mac).
- Windows OS: CPU score of 2500 or greater.
- Mac OS: A core i5 processor or greater.
- Must install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software.
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT PERMITTED WHEN WORKING FROM HOME DUE TO COMPATIBILITY, PERFORMANCE, SECURITY OR OTHER CONCERNS:
- A wireless or non-USB headset.
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet the minimum requirements.
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite ISP or similar.
- Compute stick, tablet or similar device.
- Windows XP or Vista operating system.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using a public internet connection.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi or one that does not meet with the other Wi-Fi requirements.
- Running any non-work related programs on your computer while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus software (this is a payment card industry requirement).
DO YOU MEET THE MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS?
Check your internet speed.
- Go to speedtestcustom.com to run a speed test to check your ISP speed and ping. Click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ
Use these instructions to find your computer RAM and the name of your processor. You will need the name of the processor to check your CPU score for a Windows OS:
- Windows OS: From the Start menu or search windows function type RAM.
- Mac OS: Open Apple menu and click About This Mac then click System Report
Check your CPU score (Windows OS only):
- Go to this website.
- Type the name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU Score).
Mac users do not need to check the CPU score and need to validate they have a core i5 processor or greater.
EXCEPTIONS: Hiring in all states/cities/counties except the following - CA, DC, Chicago, New York City, Seattle and Montgomery County.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.