The Transfer Driver will drive U-Haul trucks and equipment to our repair shops for scheduled maintenance, and repaired trucks and equipment to various U-Haul Centers and U-Haul dealership locations for rental purposes.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Perform pre-inspection checks for type of preventive maintenance required on vehicles
• Keep accurate time and mileage logs
• Tow trailers as needed
• Drive and drop off vehicles and equipment to locations throughout the U-Haul Marketing Company area
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
• Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
U-Haul drivers that operate service vehicles and/or rental trucks with a GVWR of 10,001 lbs. or more or a combination of vehicles (truck and trailer) with a GCWR of 10,001 lbs. or more are required to have a driver qualification file. A medical certificate from a federally registered medical examiner must be obtained to be a U-Haul CMV driver.
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.