Lead Software Developer - 100% Remote
2727 N Central Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85004 United States of America
This position is 100% remote/work from home.
U-Haul is searching for a talented Lead Software Developer to join our team.? Come join a stable and ever-expanding IT organization to be part of the quest to elevate us to the next level.??
About the Job?
The position is with a software development team that develops and maintains a suite of tier one, mission critical enterprise applications and services used by numerous U-Haul business teams and thousands of U-Haul field locations. Every member of the team makes important contributions which have a direct and significant impact on U-Haul’s business operations.
We have recently transitioned to supporting both in-office and 100% work from home (remote) employment. In this regard, we have strived to maintain and build upon a positive work environment which emphasizes close collaboration amongst team members and with business teams across U-Haul.
We are looking for a Lead Software Developer who is highly skilled in the ability to apply critical thinking and structured programming fundamentals to real world problems. U-Haul uses the Microsoft development stack (e.g., C#, MVC, SQL, Entity Framework, HTML 5, CSS, Angular, Web API, jQuery, ASP.Net, and T-SQL), along with non-Microsoft supporting technologies (like Apache Kafka, SPAs, Reddis, etc.) to solve its business problems. We do this through technologies such as web apps and web APIs, and various types of backend persistence, including SQL.
The primary roles and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Technical lead for product-level software development projects, major technical initiatives. Lead small technical teams through larger-scale software development projects.
- Directly collaborates with business stakeholders and software development managers on requirements gathering, project and feature scoping. Starting with higher level business and technical requirements, independently estimates and breaks down the work.
- Ability to communicate high-level technical plans and concepts to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Owner for major SW process areas, such as SCRUM and release management.
- Owner and technical lead for large, tier one, mission-critical applications.
- Writes code that is easily maintainable, highly reliable and demonstrates knowledge of common programming best practices?
- Expert-level troubleshooting and problem solving, spanning software, systems and databases. Use a wide array of tools and techniques to identify the root cause and implement robust technical solutions.
- Expert-level knowledge of architectural patterns and system design concepts and their applicability.
- Serve as a technical lead: mentor, train and support other software developers, perform design & code reviews.
- Excellent technical judgement and decision making. Effectively prioritizes and works through problems which are ambiguous, have incomplete specifications and are complex in nature.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
Why Should You Apply??
- Competitive Compensation?
- Potential for work from home and flexible work schedules?
- Latest technologies?
- Team that Emphasizes Collaboration?
- Positive Team Culture founded by team self-organization principles.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a senior or lead role providing technical leadership to other software developers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have proof of U.S. employment authorization for this position.??
About U-Haul IT Team?
U-Haul is heavily investing in transforming our applications and reporting systems to a hybrid cloud architecture model. The company culture is one of high team-orientation, that loves to dig in and learn new technologies, and help teammates be the best they can by constant learning, coaching and process improvement.
U-Haul provide robust wellness benefits, events and resources to help team members becomes the happiest and healthiest they can be. These include, but are not limited to, a “get fit” reimbursement program for gym memberships, a healthy café at our corporate campus and wellness fairs. For a complete summary of U-Haul’s benefits and wellness programs, please see the benefits page on our career site: https://jobs.uhaul.com/Benefits
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need-to-know basis.
Perks of joining the U-Haul fleet:
Get your career moving with a company who empowers team members to the healthiest version of themselves! We provide robust wellness benefits, events, and resources to help team members becomes the happiest and healthiest they can be.
Here are just some of the programs U-Haul has available:
- Full Medical coverage
- New indoor fitness gym
- Onsite medical clinic for you and your family
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Prescription plans
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Life insurance
- Critical Illness/Group Accident
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Subsidized gym/ membership
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- LifeLock identity Theft
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University
- Savvy consumer wellness programs- from health care tips to financial wellness
- U-Haul federal credit union
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.