Are you a skilled technician interested in a rewarding career in a growing industry? Consider becoming a Body Shop Technician with U-Haul! In this role you will repair trucks and vans as well as apply decals, ensuring that U-Haul’s fleet remains in pristine condition. In exchange enjoy U-Haul’s excellent benefits and supportive company culture.
U-Haul offers Body Shop Technicians:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Body Shop Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Repair truck cab and van bodies with bondo and fiberglass
- Repair wiring and lighting
- Apply imaging decals
Body Shop Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Driver’s license
- Provide own hand tools
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.