Are you a team player with an aptitude for working on cars? Are you interested in developing valuable skills in a growing industry? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Automotive Technician! In this role you will work as part of a production line to check tires, inspect brakes, and road test vehicles as needed. In exchange U-Haul offers excellent benefits and opportunities for professional development.
U-Haul offers Automotive Technicians:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Automotive Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform complete brake inspection and repairs
- Work in production line
- Mount, dismount, and balance tires
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Occasionally road test vehicles
- Use U-Haul’s electronic pre-inspection program
Automotive Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Ford and GMC equipment
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.