Mobile Repair Specialist
Are you tired of being locked down in the shop all day? Are you looking for the flexibility to self-manage, plan, and execute your day-to-day workload? Are you a reliable and skilled mechanic searching for a challenging career that offers both stability and advancement opportunity with an industry leader? If so, then this opportunity is the one for you!
U-Haul offers Mobile Repair Specialist:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Mobile Repair Specialist Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform medium to heavy mechanical repairs, e.g. repairs under 60 minutes
- Operate U-Haul mobile repair vehicle to perform emergency road service, repairs, corrective maintenance or preventive maintenance to ensure equipment reaches its destination. Most repairs are performed at location site and disabled major repair equipment should be towed to shop.
- Establish an effective route in assigned area to repair all down or inoperable equipment and ensure that all equipment has been repaired or scheduled for repair.
- Complete repair statements with labor time and work performed
- Maintain inventory of all repair parts and ensure that all parts used are charged out.
- Must supply own hand tools
- Mechanically inclined
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain DOT certification (can be completed after hiring)
- Must be able to obtain a health certificate from a federally registered medical examiner
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.