Area Filed Manager Macomb area
Tired of being locked down in an office all day? Do you crave the flexibility to manage, plan, and execute your day-to-day workload? If so, then this opportunity is the one for you! As an Area Field Manager you will be responsible for actively promoting the U-Haul brand and educating our independent business partners and leaders on the benefits and advantages of becoming a U-Haul dealer.
U-Haul offers Area Field Managers:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Area Field Manager Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prospect for, open, and grow new dealerships
- Develop and manage business relationships with dealership teams while providing professional development, insight, and guidance to dealers in your market
- Perform market and profit/loss analyses to effectively expand the dealer network into other potential markets
- Service and properly maintain U-Haul equipment and displays to ensure operational readiness
- Operate a properly stocked and maintained service rig that will be used to perform minor maintenance, inspection, transportation, and distribution of U-Haul trucks, trailers and equipment and to arrange for the recovery of lost, stolen, or abandoned U-Haul equipment
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain DOT certification (can be completed after hiring)
- Must be able to obtain a health certificate from a federally registered medical examiner
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.