Facility Maintenance Technician
If you are highly motivated and enjoy collaborating with others, consider joining U-Haul as a Facility Maintenance Technician. In this role you will use your technical skills in concert with other technicians to accomplish complex projects, sharing and learning valuable skills as you go.
U-Haul offers its Facility Maintenance Technicians:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Facility Maintenance Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Inspect, maintain, and build new buildings
- Perform semiannual roof inspections
- Pool knowledge with other Facility Maintenance Technicians to accomplish complex projects
- Keep track of company truck and gas card
Facility Maintenance Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience in any of the following areas: electrical, AC, HVAC, plumbing, or landscaping
- Valid driver’s license
- DOT Certification (can be sponsored by U-Haul)
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.