Assistant Moving Center Manager
Are you looking for more responsibility and to take the next step in your career? Are you a people person who loves to help others? Then consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Assistant General Manager! As Assistant General Manager you will frequently be responsible for the day-to-day operations of your center, working as part of an excellent team and learning valuable skills to get your career moving.
U-Haul offers Assistant General Managers:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/ membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP program
- LifeLock identity Theft
- Critical Illness/Group Accident
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Run daily operations of center in General Manager’s absence
- Make moment-to-moment decisions to allocate time and resources to appropriate projects
- Manage and assign your team to ensure that customers receive an excellent first impression and the highest quality of care
- Miscellaneous duties such as installing hitches, brake controllers, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license and ability to maintain clean driving record
- Leadership experience in any form
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.