Are you a team player who’s comfortable on a forklift? If so, apply for a role with U-Haul as a Material Handler! In this position you will help to support the production line, and moving materials to ensure maximum efficiency. In exchange, take advantage of U-Haul’s excellent benefits.
U-Haul offers Material Handlers:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Material Handler Primary Responsibilities:
- Operate a sit-down forklift to handle and move materials
- Safely and efficiently handle materials received, stored, and shipped through the assembly plant
- Keep workstations loaded with production materials
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack etc.).
- Understand, support, and implement the company Housekeeping, Safety and Quality policies and procedures into daily work habits
- Other duties as assigned
Material Handler Minimum Qualifications:
- Regular attendance essential
- Sit-down forklift experience
- Prior forklift certification or ability to pass company forklift test
- Able to communicate well in English
- Proficiency with computers
- Able to pass print reading, measurement and fraction/decimal conversion tests
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.