Tool Repair Technician
Are you skilled with hand-tools and a good team player? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Tool Repair Technician to work at our Assembly Plant!
U-Haul offers Tool Repair Technician:
· Career stability
· Opportunities for advancement
· Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
· Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
· Life insurance
· MetLaw Legal program
· MetLife auto and home insurance
· Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
· 401k and stock options
· 24-hour physician available for kids
· Dental & Vision Plans
· Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
· Business and travel insurance
· YouMatter EAP
· LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
· Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Tool Repair Technician Primary Responsibilities:
· The Tool Repair Technician will be responsible for maintaining and repairing light to medium duty power tools, hand tools and small engines as well as assisting with day-to-day warehousing duties as needed.
· Identify causes of malfunction, troubleshoot, dismantle tools, and examine parts for defects.
· Document inventory levels and cost in inventory control software
· Complete daily maintenance and cleaning of work areas
· Perform general warehousing tasks when necessary.
· Distribute materials throughout shop and yard.
· Clean, replace and/or repair parts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Tool Repair Technician Minimum Qualifications:
· 3-5 years of prior mechanical work experience specific with hand and/or power tools
· Should have basic computer proficiency.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Environment: The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Physical Demands: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.