Supervisor Production Plant
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the ideal candidate will supervise and coordinate the activities of employees in the manufacturing of trailer, truck van bodies and specialty rental items. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules. Recommend measures to improve manufacturing methods and the quality of finished products. Develop and maintain departmental policies which are consistent with the overall company policies. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain a work group which is capable of meeting departmental objectives.
· Understand and comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) regulations and company policies with regards to safety.
· Select, hire, train, review and approve recommendations of subordinates in matters of personal actions such as to hire, transfer, promote and discipline up to and including termination.
· Must be familiar with Technical Newsletters, changes in policies and procedures and the ability to work with blueprints.
· Review production schedules and plant work that must be performed, checking to make sure materials and parts are available and placed into position on the assembly line.
· Check work at various stages of production to ensure a quality product and to resolve any problems that may occur.
· Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
· Must have the knowledge to work in a computerized environment with Excel and Word.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.