Field Relief Manager
U-Haul is hiring for a highly motivated, assertive, and passionate individual to join our team as a Field Relief Manager!
Are you a self-driven and ambitious individual that is passionate about achieving set goals?
Are you are looking for a workplace where you can make a difference and would like the chance to work in a culture that embraces innovation and promotes growth opportunities?
If so, then U-Haul is the place for you!
The Field Relief Manager is crucial to the sustained productivity of the company. A successful Field Relief Manager must be seasoned and experienced in retail sales, profit & loss, vendor relations, personnel, equipment, and time management, customer service, and more.
The Field Relief Manager will work closely with regional management to ensure that U-Haul Centers within that geographical area are provided with capable leadership and guidance to achieve and maximize established standards, sales goals, and profit objectives.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Relieve, fill in for, and assume the duties of U-Haul Center Managers, Area Field Managers, Traffic Control Managers, and Storage Managers throughout a designated area or region
• Use discretion and independent judgment to apply existing and new U-Haul programs to standardize and systematize business operations
• Perform various duties as assigned, including but not limited to profitable management, ordering products, correcting rental and retail inventories, setting up displays, distribution and promotion of U-Haul rental equipment, all according to U-Haul standards and procedures
• Perform on-the-job reviews of center operations, area field routes and reservation management areas using appropriate tools prescribed by U-Haul
• Correct noted deficiencies and make recommendations to leadership for review of operations and procedures
• Reinforce company policies and procedures and ensure Team Members are proficiently trained to company standards
• Monitor ordering and receiving procedures; verify timely completion and accuracy of any reports submitted to leadership
• Follow up on assigned projects to ensure their timely completion
• Very Competitive Salary
• Bonus Potential
• Excellent Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Stock Ownership Plan, Vacation & more
• Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
• Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in retail or other service industry with responsibility for financial results and customer satisfaction
• Previous management proficiency in high volume retail with profit and loss (P&L) accountability
• Strong ability to lead, development, and train staff for success
• Ability to create and maintain a customer focused culture
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Vendor management and relations
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record to operate a motor vehicle
• Adhere to all local vehicular regulations while driving
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally)
• Integrity and the ability to exercise sound judgment
• Time management and organizational skills
• Ability to manage a diverse workforce
• Interpersonal and social skills
• Managerial experience
• Basic computer skills
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.