Employee Relations Specialist
U-Haul is seeking a Human Resources Professional who can make a positive impact on our daily operations. This position is primarily responsible for partnering with management and employees to identify and resolves employee issues in a manner consistent with the Company’s policies, procedures, as well as applicable laws.
A few of the duties and accountabilities assigned to the position are:
Employee Relations: Provide the best possible option to all employees regarding company policies and procedures with respect to federal, state, provincial, and local laws. Discuss and resolve employee concerns, counsel with supervisors and/or employees regarding performance and disciplinary matters. Review and provide options, as needed, to find resolution to the concerns. Identify trends that will foster a positive and respectful work environment.
Policy/Procedures: The Company’s policies and procedures define the Company’s culture. The Workplace Solutions team supports and assists with the development and implementation of said personnel policies, procedures, as well as interpreting and communicating the policies and procedures to the Company’s internal and external customers.
Employee Investigation: Assist management with internal investigative procedures by offering options that will minimize legal exposure and are in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures and best practices.
Training: Develop training material/courses, as well as presenting information on new and/or upcoming laws that may affect the day-to-day business operations.
Compliance: Ensure Company compliance is updated and management is kept well-informed of any compliance changes (i.e. federal, state, and local regulation)
Confidential Information: Maintaining confidentiality is essential, which includes but is not limited to: health information, income information, and personal information
- Working knowledge of U.S. and Canadian employment laws, employee/labor relations, coaching and counseling employees, conducting internal investigations, disability and leave of absence laws
- Ability to handle sensitive data
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with standard office software such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent skills with data management, documentation, and recordkeeping
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Management or related field or minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources Generalist experience
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.