Do you enjoy working as part of a team and using power tools? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Trailer Mechanic. In this role you will specialize in work on open and enclosed trailers, ensuring they are in impeccable shape for use by customers and coworkers alike.
U-Haul offers Trailer Mechanics:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Trailer Mechanic Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanic work on open/enclosed trailers with occasional welding
- Repair trailer drum brakes
- Perform wiring, bolting, drilling, and van body work
Trailer Mechanic Minimum Qualifications:
- Proficiency with hand tools, air tools, and power tools
- Possess own hand tools
- Driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean record
- Forklift certified (can be sponsored by U-Haul)
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.