Custodian/ Painter (1pm - 9pm)
Are you organized and proactive? Are you committed to keeping workspaces in pristine condition? As a Custodian you will play a pivotal role in the operation of your assembly plant, ensuring that spaces remain clean, inviting, and useable. Start your career at U-Haul and join an exceptional, supportive team.
U-Haul offers its Custodians:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Custodian Primary Responsibilities:
- Regular attendance essential
- Able to pass drug screen and background check
- Provide cleaning for premises including bathrooms, office, and trash
- Dust, mop, vacuum, and perform additional duties as needed
Custodian Minimum Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Training in OSHA regulations (can be sponsored by U-Haul)
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.