Are you detail-oriented and responsible? Do you love working with your hands and have a knack for organization? If so, consider becoming a Parts Foreman at one of U-Haul’s repair shops! The Parts Foreman is the beating heart of operations, responsible for the shop’s catalogue of machine parts.
U-Haul offers Parts Foremen:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Parts Foreman Primary Responsibilities:
- Issue purchase orders at time of purchase
- Manage inventory by ordering parts, paying bills, and diagnosing ordering problems
- Communicate with vendors via email
- Inventory and manage parts within the shop
Parts Foreman Minimum Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean record
- Excellent organizational skills
- Forklift certified
- Excellent communication skills
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.