Preventive Maintenance Technician
The position includes equipment safety inspection, writing and signing of safety certificates
If you are technically-minded and have an affinity for vehicles, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Preventative Maintenance Technician. In this role you will use U-Haul’s proprietary technology to assess and care for field vehicles, ensuring that customers and colleagues alike have access to the highest quality of equipment.
U-Haul offers its Preventative Maintenance Technician:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Complete Benefit Plan if eligible
- RRSP payroll deduction plan
- Deferred profit-sharing plan if eligible.
- Discounts on Dell computers, hotels, and more
Preventative Maintenance Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Lift and secure trucks on air jacks
- Lubricate suspensions and replace minor parts
- Perform tire and brake maintenance
- Occasionally road test vehicles
- Use proprietary electronic pre-inspection checklist
Preventative Maintenance Technician Minimum Qualifications:
- Driver’s license
- Understanding of lifting points and machine safety
- Computer literacy
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.