U-Haul International seeks a seasoned Graphic Designer to develop and create advertising/marketing materials for our Moving & Storage Centers throughout North America. Our team collaborates with various Marketing divisions to fulfill their design requirements, whether it be through product packaging, print advertising, posters, brochures, shirts, hats and more. This is an excellent career opportunity for hands-on, highly motivated creative designers who want to be a part of the design team and implementation process.
**Please note: A portfolio highlighting your work is necessary to be considered for this position. Any applications that are received without an application will not be considered.
Candidates will possess the following skills/experience:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications,
Marketing, Advertising or related field.
• Minimum Experience: 5 years in graphic design and experience creating print marketing in a corporate or agency setting.
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Knowledge of Microsoft software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Advanced digital illustration experience is a plus.
• Technical knowledge of pre-press file preparation and procedures
• Strong sensibility for type, color and page layout and visual problem-solving
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Ability to present creative ideas, provide rationale behind the work, and be receptive and open to input and feedback
• Ability to work within an organized server/DAM environment and adhere to existing labeling and archiving techniques.
• Motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize several simultaneous projects
• Positive attitude
• Strong work ethic and goal-oriented
• Self-starter and self-motivated
U-Haul Graphic Designer Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs and executes compelling creative for strategic brand initiatives, campaigns and concepts
• Executes brand look and feel consistently across all creative deliverables
• Manages and adheres to established schedules in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Works productively and harmoniously as a team member with Art Directors, Account
Executives, and Photography team
• Builds constructive and collaborative relationships with Program Managers to support
• Collaborate with Art Directors to concept and execute photoshoots – create shot lists, prop shop, cast talent and scout locations.
• Participates in groups and contributes ideas individually
• Collaborates and thrives in a corporate environment with a professional and positive attitude
• Stays relevant with current and future advertising/marketing design trends and technology
Perks of joining the U-Haul Team:
Get your career moving with a company who empowers team members to the healthiest version of themselves! We provide robust wellness benefits, events, and resources to help team members becomes the happiest and healthiest they can be.
Full Medical coverage
Dental & Vision Plans
New indoor fitness gym
Gym Reimbursement Program
Registered Dietitian Program
Onsite medical clinic for you and your family
Opportunities for advancement
Valuable on-the-job training
Tuition reimbursement program
Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University®
Business and travel insurance
You Matter Employee Assistance Program
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Savings Plan
Critical Illness/Group Accident
24-hour physician available for kids
Subsidized gym/ membership
MetLaw Legal program
MetLife auto and home insurance
Mindset App Program
Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels, and more
LifeLock identity Theft
Savvy consumer wellness programs- from health care tips to financial wellness
Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program
U-Haul federal credit union
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.