Data Engineer is part of a team focused on data streaming, data analytic and data science platforms. This role will be working with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Architects in a cross-functional team to deliver data products for the business.
- Develop, debug and support applications and data pipelines for big data analytics platforms in Azure Databricks, Kafka, Neo4j
- Develop, debug and support streaming data in Kafka and Databricks environments
- Work with multidisciplined team to create datasets for Business Intelligence
- Validate data and debug data issues
- Work with Data Science team to create implement machine learning models
- Discuss requirements or knowledge/facts effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- 3+ years’ experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining Python/Java/Scala based applications.
- 2+ years’ experience with Data Lake/Databricks/Spark in either an administrative, development, or support role is required.
- Hands-on experience with Azure cloud computing infrastructure (Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Spark)
- 2+ years’ experience with Big Data Analytics Platforms
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly those that apply to a “Distributed Big Data Computing” environment.
- Experience in applying Data Science / ML in production to build data-driven products for solving business problems.
- Strong coding skills in general purpose languages like Java, Python, Apache Spark, SQL and familiarity with software engineering principles around testing, code reviews and deployment.
- Experience with Databricks, Kafka, Neo4j, H3 is highly valued.
- Proficient in data analysis and visualization using Python and application PowerBI.
- Experience with distributed data processing systems like Spark and proficiency in SQL.
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or Physics
Full Medical Coverage
Dental & Vision Plans
Registered Dietitian Program
Gym Reimbursement Program
Virtual Doctors’ Visits
Opportunities for advancement
Valuable on-the-job training
Tuition reimbursement program
Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University®
Business travel insurance
You Matter Employee Assistance Program
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
401(k) Savings Plan
Critical Illness/Group Accident
24-hour physician available for kids
MetLaw Legal program
MetLife auto and home insurance
Mindset App Program
Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels, and more
LifeLock Identity Theft
Savvy consumer wellness programs - from health care tips to financial wellness
Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program
U-Haul Federal Credit Union
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.