Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you interested in learning valuable technical skills? U-Haul is seeking a hard-working, knowledgeable person for the position of Hitch Service Technician. Hitch Service Technicians work in U-Haul Moving and Storage Center lots to provide outstanding service to customers using their advanced technical expertise.
Our motto is “Hire Fast, Pay Fast." You can start today and get paid today! Schedule a hands-on working interview and get paid for it. We also offer a $100 Hiring Bonus!
U-Haul Offers Hitch Service Technicians:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Mindset App Reimbursement
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Health insurance & Prescription plans, if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days, if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Business travel insurance
- You Matter Program (EAP) Employee Assistance Program
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
- Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program
Hitch Service Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Understand and explain U-Haul’s variety of towing packages
- Recommend and install the right tow package on customer vehicles
- Provide exceptional customer service and support to U-Haul customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate in ongoing continuous U-Haul education through U-Haul University
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record
- Basic wiring and hand/power tool experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritating chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationery, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.