Assistant Moving Center Manager
Are you looking for more responsibility while taking the next step in your career? Are you a person who loves to help others? Then consider becoming U-Haul Company’s newest assistant general manager! As assistant general manager, you will frequently be responsible for the day-to-day operations of your center, working as part of an excellent team and learning valuable skills to get your career moving.
Our motto is “Hire Fast, Pay Fast." You can start today and get paid today! Schedule a hands-on working interview and get paid for it. We also offer a $100 hiring bonus! In addition, we offer a $300 cash bonus, paid immediately upon completion of U-Haul Equipment Inspection and Verification through our 1-2-3 Punch Certification Program at retail stores.
- Full medical coverage, if eligible
- Prescription plans, if eligible
- Dental and vision plans
- Registered Dietitian Program, if eligible
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Weight Watchers, if eligible
- Virtual doctor visits
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University®
- Business-travel insurance
- You Matter Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days, if eligible
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Life insurance
- Critical illness/group accident coverage
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- MetLaw Legal Program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Mindset App Program
- Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels and more
- LifeLock identity theft protection
- Savvy consumer-wellness programs - from health-care tips to financial wellness
- Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program
- U-Haul Federal Credit Union membership
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Run daily operations of center in General Manager’s absence.
- Make moment-to-moment decisions to allocate time and resources to appropriate. projects
- Manage and assign your team members to ensure that customers receive an excellent first impression and the highest quality of care.
- Miscellaneous duties such as installing hitches, brake controllers, etc.
- Participate in ongoing continuous U-Haul education through U-Haul University.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean driving record
- Leadership experience in any form
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion, such as, long periods both indoors and outdoors while remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.