U-Haul is currently seeking an organized and responsible Maintenance Manager who will work under the direction of the Plant President to manage maintenance operations and staff. The ideal candidate will understand mechanical and technical work and have excellent leadership and supervisory skills. The Maintenance Manager will direct and oversee all daily maintenance activities including delegation of tasks, tracking mechanical performance, and directing the processes of any necessary repairs.
U-Haul offers our Team Members:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & prescription plans
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with company contributions
- Dental & vision plans
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
- 401k and stock options
- 24-hour physician access
- Life insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, new vehicle purchases, cell phone plans, hotels and more
- Oversee all levels of maintenance staff activity and performance.
- Develop capital spending plans for machinery repairs, and equipment.
- Responsible for tracking data and meeting maintenance metrics
- Act as a leader in terms of continuous improvement and change.
- Communicate, implement, and apply company policies and procedures.
- Constantly review the operation of plant equipment and systems, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs. Oversee and set up the PM schedule for the plant.
- Assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions of any size.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in the process areas.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
- Communicate directly with the EHS Manager to discuss and resolve issues as needed.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contributions of the maintenance technicians.
- Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met.
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Initiate and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant, and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by Management to support the business plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or operations management preferred, or matching job experience.
- 5+ years relevant experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement management and supervision.
- Knowledge of all job-related tools, materials, methods, and standard practices of the maintenance mechanic’s position.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic, electronic, conveyor systems and hydraulic control systems required.
- Experience managing multiple vendors and client relationships.
- Can effectively and efficiently handle both administrative and mechanical responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with software for tracking and scheduling preventive maintenance events.
- Exceptional leadership and proven team building skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodation is available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need-to-know basis.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.