Ready to rev up your career? Are you an organized, motivated communicator? Are you experienced in clerical work and interested in taking on a leading role? As a Shop Clerk you will coordinate and maintain the flow of rental equipment in need of maintenance through repair shops with the help of designated Transfer Drivers. In exchange, you will enjoy U-Haul Company’s comprehensive benefits.
Whether you are looking for your first job in the industry or have vehicle-repair experience already, U-Haul is the place for you! We have the largest fleet of trucks and trailers in the industry and we need a first-class team to keep them maintained for our customers. We continue to grow our fleet each year, which will ensure that you are always working on the latest new equipment.
As a U-Haul Shop Clerk, you will use U-Haul Company’s proprietary technology to assess and care for field vehicles. U-Haul provides the support and tools you need to succeed and grow, so if you want a job with endless opportunities for career growth, apply today!
Our motto is “Hire Fast, Pay Fast." You can start today and get paid today! Schedule a hands-on working interview and get paid for it. We also offer a $100 hiring bonus!
Shop Clerk Primary Responsibilities:
- Route and schedule transfer drivers to retrieve rental equipment in need of maintenance.
- Review, correct and maintain the reporting of the location of equipment entering and leaving the shop.
- Coordinate the delivery of replacement parts or tools that are needed for repairs in the field.
- Review and process Repair Purchase Orders.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other key team members to proactively maintain the rental fleet.
Shop Clerk Minimum Qualifications:
- Proficient computer skills (especially Microsoft Office)
- Communicates professionally and eager to collaborate with others
- Experience in Human Resources and office management
- Experience in basic bookkeeping and tracking of financial transactions
- Basic mechanical reasoning is a plus.
Perks of joining the U-Haul Team:
Get your career moving with a Company that empowers team members to be the healthiest version of themselves! We provide robust wellness benefits, events and resources to help team members become the happiest and healthiest they can be.
We offer a Technician Training Program that encompasses both Ford and GMC training classes, as well as a Tool-Purchase Program.
- Full medical coverage, if eligible
- Prescription plans, if eligible
- Dental and vision plans
- Registered Dietitian Program, if eligible
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Weight Watchers, if eligible
- Virtual doctor visits
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University®
- Business-travel insurance
- You Matter Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days, if eligible
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Life insurance
- Critical illness/group accident coverage
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- MetLaw Legal Program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Mindset App Program
- Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels and more
- LifeLock identity theft protection
- Savvy consumer-wellness programs - from health-care tips to financial wellness
- Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program
- U-Haul Federal Credit Union membership
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.