Management Team (Couple)
Are both you and your spouse looking for work?
Do you both have a background in customer service?
U-Haul is looking for it's next management team for it's location in Houston, TX.
While one of you manages the rental facility, the other can work along side as the Assistant Manager.
...and there is an on-site apartment!
U-Haul offers General Managers:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/ membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP program
- LifeLock identity Theft
- Critical Illness/Group Accident
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Perform profit/loss analyses
- Hire and mentor new team members
- Track and itemize inventory
- Ensure customers receive the highest quality of care
- Keep track of fuel receipts and petty cash
- Clean, monitor premises, and maintain a secure environment
- 1-3 years of management experience in retail or other service industry with responsibility for financial results and customer satisfaction
- Computer expertise
- Organizational expertise
- Management proficiency in high volume retail with profit and loss (P&L) accountability
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work weekends and holidays
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.